To succeed as a customer service worker, you need a diverse set of skills and qualifications. You must be patient, sympathetic, a good problem solver, and informed about the products or services offered by your firm.
Still, hiring managers will be more likely to notice you if you also put in the effort to tailor and customize your customer service representative resume for the position. Your resume will only stand out from the crowd thanks to its content, professional formatting, and job-specific metrics. If you’re struggling to create your customer service resume, here are the best tips to help you get started.
How to write a customer service resume
Customer service employees must attempt to fulfill each customer’s requests, resolve issues, and guarantee that clients are satisfied with the product or service.
A customer service resume should include the following sections:
- Work Experience
- Contact Information
You can also include the following extra components to leave a strong first impression:
- Volunteer Experience
Customer service specialist resume template
543 North Ave, Chicago, IL
Customer Service Representative with over 3 years of call center customer service expertise, including sales, tech support, and customer care. Familiar with various customer service software, dispute resolution methodology, and bringing a positive, client-focused attitude. Ready to apply my demonstrated customer service and leadership skills in your organization’s management position.
BERRYBEE CO. / Chicago, IL / Customer Care Specialist / Sep 2019–Present
- Answering 110+ calls daily, onboarding new customers, accessing client data, delivering pertinent product information, and terminating services.
- Training new hires on utilizing Zendesk, including data entry and organization of customer contact records.
- Received an average customer satisfaction rating of 91% to date, 12% higher than the company average.
- Researching complex issues to provide more comprehensive service to customers.
- Developing and implementing a new methodology to persuade canceling customers to stay with the company, resulting in a 17% decrease in cancellations and higher customer retention.
CTRL / Chicago, IL / Customer Care Representative/ Jun 2016 – Aug 2019
- Memorized the line of business products and services, including pricing and special discounts, to provide prompt and factual information to clients.
- Provided basic technical help for clients on various company products, resolving issues with an 87% client satisfaction rate.
- Remained courteous and professional thanks to high emotional intelligence and active listening, even in the face of extreme client dissatisfaction.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
- Chicago, IL / Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, 2015
- GPA: 4.0
- Zendesk / ChatDesk / TalkTalk
- Microsoft Office 365 & GSuite
- Bilingual (native-level English & Spanish)
- Typing speed 123 WPM
1. Write a customer service resume summary (3x examples)
A resume summary for customer service specialists should demonstrate that you are competent and motivated. Remember to highlight how your expertise, talents, and previous accomplishments will benefit the firm and help it expand when drafting your summary.
When writing your summary, explain why you’re applying and why you’d be a good fit. The short paragraph should be concise, specific, and tailored to you and the job description. Aim for a summary that will emphasize your skills and achievements using numbers and metrics.
Retail Customer Service Resume Summary
“Dedicated retail customer service professional with a successful 5+ year track record of assisting customers, increasing brand loyalty, and improving client satisfaction. Ready to take on a position that will allow me to use my management and leadership skills while assisting customers in finding the best product for their specific needs.”
Customer Service Manager Resume Summary
“Detail-oriented customer service manager offering ten years of experience. Possessing strong negotiation and communication skills, I have expanded the client base by 23% and brought back hundreds of consumers over three years. Dedicated to helping the community using my skills in organizational and analytical skills. Excited to apply my understanding of CRM technologies and tried-and-true customer care tactics to grow the client base and ensure customer loyalty.”
Customer Service Representative Resume Summary
“Customer Service Representative with 5+ years of phone center experience executing responsibilities ranging from sales and tech support to customer care. Familiarity with key customer service technologies such as ZenDesk and HubSpot, great problem resolution skills, and a proactive approach to customer communication.”
2. Customer service specialist work experience
Instead of simply listing your daily duties, focus on your impact on the company. Adding statistics to your job experience area provides the hiring manager with a more detailed picture of your successes as a customer service specialist. Similarly, including highly sought-after skills will boost your chances.
- Suggested a new strategy to encourage canceling clients to continue with the firm, resulting in a 13% reduction in cancellations.
- Achieved the highest up-sell rates between 2016 and 2020 (4.7%).
- Greeted and provided gift packages to 300+ people during the store’s opening event.
- Won “Employee of the Month” 5 months in a row for connecting with customers in a personable yet professional manner.
3. Skills to include on a customer service resume (examples)
The skills section on your resume may be short, but it packs a powerful punch. This part is critical for making it through ATS, so pay close attention to which skills you include. You should mention both hard and soft skills based on the ones mentioned in the job description. You may add soft skills to your resume even if you lack those specific hard skills. Also, be sure to highlight any relevant and transferrable skills.
- Typing speed
- Product knowledge
- Microsoft Office 365
- Foreign language skills
- Active listening
- Time management
- Working under pressure
4. Education and certifications
Following your experiences, you should present your education to date. There are no secrets to this section – each entry in your educational background should follow the same format:
- Degree name & major
- University/school name
- Years studied
- GPA, Honours, extra courses, etc.
Following your education, you can also include any licenses or certifications you have received. Include this section if you have any additional qualifications you’re proud of, whether an award or a certificate.
Customer service specialist resume template MS Word, Pages
Customer service specialist resume 150030
Customer service specialist Cover Letter 150030
Customer service specialist resume 150030
Download it here →
FAQ – Customer service resume
Every organization is unique, and no two customer service positions are the same. So, tailor your resume to show that you have done your research. From your title to the skills and experience you include, every bit of your customer service resume should reflect what the company is looking for.
To achieve this in your work experience section:
– Include keywords. While many customer service positions have similar requirements, you should still put effort into tailoring each section to the position. Examine the qualifications section of the job description for keywords to use, and scatter those throughout your resume.
– Make your bullet points unique and specific. Use the exact phrasing from the job description on your resume to explain your previous accomplishments. This makes your customer service representative resume more ATS-friendly while emphasizing your expertise.
Because they are far more engaging than verbs like “worked,” “did,” or “assisted,” action verbs increase your resume’s impact and help it stand out. Here are some relevant action verbs related to customer service positions:
Popular related posts:
- 15 Best Skills for a Resume (With Examples)
- Thank You Email After Interview: Examples, Dos, and Don’ts
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Cover Letter Today
- Resume Objective Examples for 2022 [+How-to Guide]
- Cover Letter Format: A Step-by-Step Guide for 2022
- How To Write a Cover Letter With No Experience in 9 Steps