Businesses from all industries are forced to shut down due to the coronavirus restrictions. In effect, more and more people are grappling with unemployment. Due to the strict restrictions, many are using remote work to substitute their income. Many experts agree that this is an opportunity for many to start working from home. “Now is the time to be very proactive in your remote job search,” said Brie Weiler Reynolds, a career development manager and coach at FlexJobs, a career website specializing in remote work.
Work-from-home positions are growing, and jobs are hiring now in almost every industry. If you are looking for immediate hire, keep reading.
- Understand the language
There are many ways companies may refer to work from home. While some use the term virtual jobs, others may speak about a distributed workforce. It is vital to find out which term is often used in your industry. Knowing what term to look for can help you find more opportunities.
- Read the job description carefully
Not all work-from-home positions are the same. For example, some may require you to work from the office once in a while. Other jobs may be completely remote but have location restrictions. This may be due to legal or tax purposes, as well as travel or meeting requirements. Make sure you comply with all the job requirements before applying to avoid disappointment.
- Sell your skills
Tailor your resume and cover letter for every job you apply to. If you have remote work experience, make sure you mention it. Furthermore, highlight the skills that would make you a good remote employee. These include good communication, independence, and self-motivation. To learn how to tailor your resume, read 9 Ways How to Improve Your Resume or How to Choose the Right Resume Template.
- Prepare for the interview
For work-from-home positions, you should prepare for a phone or video job interview. To prepare, check your equipment beforehand. In other words, test your internet connection, your headset, and the software you will need. Apart from that, ensure your background is tidy, and your environment quiet. To learn more about how to succeed in a video interview, read How to Prepare for a Video Job Interview.
Implementing these simple tips can help you succeed in your remote work search. In these uncertain times, both employees and businesses are struggling to adapt to the new conditions. Take time to understand the basics of remote work. Most importantly, approach the job hunt with the same level of professionalism as you would a traditional position.
Here are the top companies posting the most remote work:
Recent work-from-home at Aetna:
- Case Manager Registered Nurse
- Lead Data Scientist
- Social Worker
Recent work-from-home jobs at Citizens Bank:
- Home Mortgage Compliance Associate
- Home Mortgage Business Support Consultant
- Manager Network Engineering
Recent work-from-home jobs at Dell:
- Data Center Sales Executive
- Cybersecurity Operations
- Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Recent work-from-home jobs at Healthline Media:
- Senior Wellness Editor
- Medical Reviewer
- Photo Editor
Recent work-from-home jobs at K12:
- Teacher – CTE Law Enforcement
- High School Special Education Teacher
- Curriculum Alignment Contractor – English Language Arts
Recent work-from-home jobs at Kforce:
- Call Center Representative
- Senior Accountant
- Salesforce Developer
Recent work-from-home jobs at Okta:
- Developer Solutions Engineer, Architect
- Senior Manager, Vendor Management
- Vice President, Customer Success
Recent work-from-home jobs at Philips:
- Senior Supply Chain Quality Engineer
- Senior Manager, Scientific Communication
- Market Business Leader – CT, AMI Precision Diagnosis
Recent work-from-home jobs at SAP:
- Chief Enterprise Architect
- Global Program Manager
- Growth Channels Solution Lead
10. Syneos Health
Recent work-from-home jobs at Syneos Health:
- Content Manager
- Clinical Research Scientist
- Principal Medical Writer – Clinical Pharmacology